Please check back as we plan more...
Tentative Itinerary (in progress): Please help us pick destinations to see by commenting below.
- Country - (Power, Currency, Car insurance req'd Y/N, Language, Advanced Visa )
- Canada, August 2012 - ( )
- Alaska, August/September 2012 - ( )
- Canada, September 2012
- Cleveland, OH - October 20, 2012 for my best friend’s wedding (USD, Y, German, N)
- Phoenix, AZ – November 2012 to get the car serviced
- Mexico – December 2012 (110V, Pesos, Y, Spanish, N)
- Mike's Sky Ranch
- Mulege - fish taco's anyone?
- La Paz - we have family there
- Cabo - we have family there
- Pacific Coast & Central
- Maya Rally www.mayarally.com
- San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato
- Playa del Carmen
- Agua Azul
- San Cristobal
- Belize – December, January 2013(110V, Belize dollar = 1/2 USD, , English, N)
- SCUBA - Blue Hole
- Ambergris Caye - http://www.airviva.com
- Turneffe Islands
- Belize City
- Guatemala – January 2013
- Lake Atitlan
- Spanish Immersion Program
- Honduras – January 2013 ( 110V/60Hz, Lempira)
- SCUBA - Roatan, Utila,
- Copán Ruins
- La Ceiba — port city on Caribbean coast with great beaches and daily ferries to the Bay Islands
- Cusuco National Park — One of Honduras most exotic destinations, Leaving from San Pedro Sula by a 4x4 trail into the dense cloud forest.
- El Salvador- January 2013
- Nicaragua – February 2013
- Costa Rica - February 2013 (110V,colón(es), ?, Spanish, ?)
- Bird Watching
- Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Tortuguero National Park
- Santa Rosa National Park
- Cahuita National Park; the park is on the beach.
- La Sevla Biological Station in the northern lowlands
- Helconia Island
- Corcovado National Park
- Huedal Nacional Terraba-Sierpe
- Carara National Park has 400 species of birds.
- Tárcoles has great river tours highlighting crocodiles.
- Whale Marine National Park
- La Amistad National Park
- Manuel Antonio National Park has three lovely beaches.
- Corcovado — the main beach on Costa Rica's Osa Peninsula, with black sand beaches fronted by the thick Costa Rican tropical rainforest
- Dominical — big surfing destination with good nightlife scene
- Jacó — the party beach city right by San José, a surfer's paradise full of nightlife and casinos
- Montezuma — the bohemian option, on the Nicoya Peninsula, (known as "monte fuma" by the locals)
- Playa Grande — this tranquil white sand beach is home to the largest nesting site for the leatherback sea turtle on the Pacific coast, as well as, one of the best surfing waves in the Guanacaste Province
- Tamarindo — the upscale option, with beautiful beaches complemented by boutique shopping and high class dining
- Tortuguero — the Caribbean side's most famous beach, which caters to eco-tourists looking to explore the rainforest and spot some manatees
- Panama – February 2013
- Panama City and the Canal
- Bocas Del Toro
- Shipping or Ferry
- Ecuador – March 2013
- Peru – March 2013
- Northern Peru
- Pedro Ruiz
- Puerto Inca
- Machu Pichu
- Bolivia – April 2013
- "Death Road"
- Argentina – May 2013
- Uraguay – June 2013
- Punta del Este
- Paraguay – June 2013
- Ship home or carry on... July 2013
After conferring with an ER Doctor, former Combat Medic, Firefighter/EMT, & current ER Physician's Assistant/Vietnam Medic, we have assembled a
Also picked up a Mil Spec water filtration system from LifeSaver Systems. I hope to not
"If you’re driving from Central America to South America, I expect that you already know that you can’t drive the whole way. Standing between the continents, Panama and Colombia are separated by a swath of jungle called the Darien Gap. There are no roads, and it is inadvisable to try to cross on foot due to the danger imposed by the jungle and the near certainty of being captured by the FARC or other paramilitaries.
|Punta Ballena - Los Cabos|
|Playa Grande Hotel - Ridge Pool|
|Chileno Bay - Villa Serena|
|Will's Massive Lift|
|The Turtle Expedition|
|Jeep Diesel Conversion|
|XP Camper detail|
|XP Camper detail|
|Local Motors - Rally Fighter|
|Central & S America Panel - Scott Brady, James from No Limit|
|CAMPTEQ Awning detail|
|Panel Discussion - Chris Scott|
|We are both late 20's young professionals that are looking for some adventure, culture, and the road less traveled.|
Jeff & Monica
I just had many of the suspension parts upgraded, so I decided to do a little light wheelin' (shakedown testing) with my brother and and a buddy (who just bought a really nice Land Rover Disco). Wait ... can Land Rover and Landcruiser owners even be friends (i.e. Capulets v. Montagues)? We went just north of Phoenix and did the the Table Mesa Trail eastbound and ended up north of Bartlett Lake. Great day, although I did break my snorkel in the car wash after (duh).